home300about300contact300

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why I Love Erin.

Me and Erin at the Glass Cactus
Grapevine, TX
Erin and I have been best buds since our Hedrick Elementary days. Our parents carpooled from Indian Oaks Estates to Hedrick, Parkway, Hedrick MS, and LHS. Erin was the first of us to get her license and car, and I remember she drove us to school many times, too! 

One of my favorite memories with Erin was ironically one of the more upsetting times in my life. When my grandfather passed away suddenly, I had to cope with the death of a close family member for the first time. Erin was my only friend who truly knew the loss, having lost her grandparent within the same 6 month timespan. We really leaned on eachother in that time. I still remember that feeling of consolation, over ten years later. 

Band Nerds of Hedrick Middle School
Despite being involved in different school activities, Erin and I remained close friends throughout our time at LHS. She even threw a surprise party for Jessica and me our freshman year. Every kid deserves at least one surprise party. This was one of my favorite high school memories, ever, and I owe it all to Erin.

CJ, Ash, Kenna, Me, Tim (Jessica's dad), Ashley, Mandy, and Erin's ponytail (look at that long hair, girl!)
We have so many memories at the Stanton lakehouse. 
The carpool group at our senior prom!
I remember Erin coming to visit me at OU for a football game one weekend, and I instantly felt at home, despite being 2.5 hours away from "home." That's the thing about Erin-when she walks in a room, everybody feels more at ease. I have truly not met a person who doesn't like her. She is lovable, hilarious, and makes you feel comfortable. 

Moving back home (from Oklahoma) was the best decision I ever made. I always knew I wanted to come back, but it was a matter of finding a job. Being closer to my family, boyfriend, and life-long friends, has drastically increased my quality of life! Erin is a huge part of that equation. Even if it's just hearing about her through my mom (they are co-workers now; isn't that bizarre? And awesome??), it feels nice knowing she's right around the corner.

When I moved back to Texas from Oklahoma, THESE WOMEN took me back with open arms! Here's the gang at Shek's restaurant. I am so grateful for lifelong friends.  

Peggy Bundy and Peggy Hill
(classic, if I do say so myself)
A Troll and a Witch
(Still LMAO at this one, Erin! Those EARS!!)
At Kenna and Logan's wedding
At Kenna and Logan's wedding, being silly. 
At Andrea and Kyle's wedding
At Ashley and Kurtis' wedding.
AFTER Ashley and Kurtis' wedding (and one of my favorite photos of us).
Spoiling me in preparation for MY wedding!! LOVE ALL OF THESE LADIES!
Erin has found love recently, and I have to say, hearing her story has made my heart melt. I can't wait until it's her turn to indulge in all the wedding festivities. She has found a man who treats her with the respect she deserves. Erin's work ethic, loyal friendship, and dedication to family, will make her a fantastic wife. She's an amazing friend and person, and I'm so grateful for her major role in my life!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment