home300about300contact300

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grateful to be Stuck In My Loft on this ICY DAY!

My Loft in Keller, TX

"If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." — William Morris

If you read my previous post, it was about my nostalgia and sentiment about my prior home, my cottage in Norman. I knew when I moved, I would never have a duplicate cottage. So I went for something completely different! My loft is on the 2nd floor of a great, modern building. The first floor is filled with adorable retail shops, my favorite being Funky Petals, a great flower shop, and Art Party, a fantastic local-art gallery! I have spent a great deal of time decorating and nesting in my loft, and am very happy with how it has turned out. 

Since I'm cooped up in here (and not minding one bit! no such thing as cabin fever for this girl!!!), I thought I'd take some pics around my house with my fun new camera, and share them on my Blog.

Photograph from Art Party

Umbrella Stand from Art Party (Denton artist). Houses my adorable BUBBLE UMBRELLA that I received from my parents for Christmas! (My mom is the most considerate gift-giver. I mentioned after spotting one in Washington DC, in MARCH, that I liked those umbrellas, and when December 25th rolled around, what do you know....)

Up close!

Butterfly Playing Cards from Art Party

My TV mounted on the wall above my hutch. Hutch from Art Party. Denton artist!

I absolutely LOVE this photo!!! This is my FAVORITE item in my home!

My window, with drapes from Hobby Lobby. Painting on the wall is from Art Party. Butterfly calendar from Anthropologie.

The painting from Art Party, up close. I like the gemstones in the top left corner. Beautiful, and only $25!!!

Maybe I'm a home-body. Okay, I totally am a home-body. But I feel like if you get cabin fever, you need to fung-shui attack your home and make it a place you LOVE to be! I couldn't be happier being stuck all day in my apartment. It's filled with art and decor that inspires me and comforts me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment