home300about300contact300

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Talented Boyfriend

Part of what makes a relationship strong, in my opinion, is a mutual level of respect. I respect my partner for a lot of reasons, most of which include his values, thoughts, and heart. But George is also very talented musically, and I really admire that about him. Of course it's romantic at times, when he plays just for me, or writes songs for me....but more often he is sharing his music with the audience, or with the use of YouTube, with the world! I thought I'd share 4 VERY DIFFERENT clips (all from YouTube) of George in his element. 


The first is most recent, and was filmed just yesterday (thank you, Rachel for capturing this!). George is on the pedal steel (an instrument I knew nothing about until he came along), and his talented roommate, Frankie, is singing and playing guitar. I absolutely love the instrument George is playing here and think it is SO COOL that he taught himself how to play! 


This is a music video, produced by Dolby, for his brother's own song, "B Sweet." There are a few clips of George in this one, though the focus is on his talented brother, Andrew (the lead singer in their band). If you have the capability, watch this one in 1080p because the graphics are incredible! A clip of this video will eventually be in a commercial for Dolby Surround Sound, along with clips from artists including Train, Lady Gaga, and U2!!!


This is a clip from the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival, with George singing and playing guitar. I love the line, "When did you get so pretty?" and always try to make eye contact with him at that point and pretend he's singing JUST to me! :-)


This was recorded before George and I even knew eachother. If you've ever heard of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", you'll recognize the tune. It's a cover, and George is on the drumset. 


I think you can be smart in all kinds of ways, and I truly think being musical is a form of intelligence that most people just can't relate to. Reading music is like reading a different language entirely! Watching George play drumset, guitar, pedal steel, and pretty much any other instrument that comes his way.....just really ups my level of respect for his drive (to learn to play the instrument and the song), his passion, and his dedication to the music industry.

I am inspired by and in love with my beautiful musician!

3 comments:

  1. very cute lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet lindsay! i love that you support your boyfriend so much, you two are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea G.T. and u 2 Lindsay ! you are soooo good for each other. Don't forget that what u see in George is part of yourself.

    ReplyDelete